Friday, October 28, 2011

Sept. 25th after 6:30 Show

Noemie Lafrance: What did you enjoy, or would have changed? Were there moments you wanted to participate but felt held back?

A: People walking back and forth and humming, making noise. When we became participants things changed. It was exciting and the more we got into the more fun it was. I began to see the creativity.

A: I was happy to watch my grand daughter steal the stole.

A: I enjoyed hearing the inner monologue of the street walker walking past. It’s like you’re listening to what’s in their head.

A: Some people said it reminded them of the subway. Was that a breaking point for you that you decided you are in?

A: There wasn’t a distinct moment. Since I’ve seen your previous work, I wasn’t expecting a moment.

A: The moment of eye contact was very beautiful and connecting and joyful. Then it was less about witnessing something external. The little girl was beautiful. The instructions and permission allowed us to become active in a very boundary way. The eye contact made the bridge and the instructions made it manageable.

NL: It’s interesting because the people lying down part, we normally wait. Some people propose themselves to lie down. He did. It’s interesting that sometimes the audience is thinking about putting themselves in that place and taking advantage of the offer. Did anyone feel like they should do something? You were debating? What stopped you?

A: I’m a journalist, so I tried to stay removed. Story of my life. Stay objective.

A: I found myself wearing a different hat than I normally do. This time I decided to go with instructions. It was refreshing, sometimes frustrating, but overall it was more active. I saw a lot of parallels to Agora.

No comments:

Post a Comment